The cozy glow of a pumpkin candle is an autumn must-have. Not only do they add a warm, inviting ambiance to any room, but they also make the perfect seasonal scent.
They evoke memories of walking through the pumpkin patch, making hot pumpkin pie, roasting pumpkin seeds in the oven, and enjoying all things fall.
With top notes of cinnamon and nutmeg and a warm pumpkin center, there isn't a better place to be than enjoying a spiced pumpkin candle in your favorite fall sweater.
How to Select Your Pumpkin Candle
- Look for a pumpkin candle made with soy wax
- Make sure it does not have any artificial colors
- Watch out for pumpkin soy candles that are too sweet
When selecting a pumpkin candle, it is recommended to choose one made with soy wax. Soy wax has a higher melting point, making it longer lasting than paraffin wax and is also a renewable resource made from soybean oil. Paraffin wax comes from petroleum.
Soy wax blended with coconut oil is a beautiful, natural white without the addition of artificial colors. This gives a pumpkin candle a clean, natural aesthetic.
Lastly, pumpkin spice candles are almost always too sweet. Sugar notes overpower the spices notes of cinnamon and nutmeg and overwhelm the pumpkin center. Always look for a true pumpkin candle without those overwhelming sugary notes.
Benefits of Burning Pumpkin Candles
- They provide a pleasant, seasonal smell to your home
- They are a great way to add a cozy atmosphere to any room
- They help reduce stress and promote relaxation
A spiced pumpkin candle offers a delightful, seasonal fragrance for your family that both evokes memories of autumns past and creates a memory for the future.
Pumpkin soy candles also create a warm ambiance for your guests to enjoy. The glow of a candle is the finishing touch on any space.
Finally, as the days grow shorter and you spend more time inside, pumpkin candles alleviate stress and help you relax. They're a wonderful way to savor fall and prepare for winter.
Tips for Enjoying Your Spiced Pumpkin Candle
- Trim the wick before each use to prevent soot build up
- Place the candle in an area away from drafts to maximize scent
- Burn the candle for no more than 4 hours at a time
To avoid the build up of soot, trim the wick prior to every usage. Keep it to 1/4 inch. Optimize the scent and keep your area safe by positioning the candle in a draft-free area. Limit the candle's burning time to a maximum of 4 hours or extinguish it after the melt pool reaches the edge of the jar to extend the life of your candle and prevent tunneling.
- Pumpkin candles are a great way to bring the scent of fall into your home
- They provide a variety of benefits and can be enjoyed safely with proper use
- With a few simple tips, you can make the most of your pumpkin candle experience
To finish on a personal note, we held off on developing a pumpkin candle for years, because we could not find a fragrance oil that was not too sweet and had an excellent scent throw. Last year, we finally found one and absolutely loved it.
It opens with cinnamon and nutmeg, has a true pumpkin center, and finishes with vanilla. From top to bottom, the Joy Lane Farm Pumpkin Patch Soy Candle is the best pumpkin candle we have ever tried.
Here's a link!